TERMS & CONDITIONS
These conditions apply to all users of eClarity.com.sg; thus, users of the site are advised to read through the following conditions carefully:
- Copyright. All content included on this site, such as text, graphic, logos, button icons, images, clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of eClarity.com.sg or its content suppliers, and is protected by Singapore and International copyright laws.
- Account. Users of the site are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their accounts and passwords, and for restricting access to their accounts. Also, users are deemed to have agreed to accept complete responsibility for all activities that occur under their account and password.
- Payment Options. eClarity.com.sg offers several methods of payments, namely credit cards, telegraphic transfer and pay-by-phone.
- Credit card payment: eClarity.com.sg accepts all credit cards, both international and domestic ones. This includes any credit cards, issued outside Singapore or cards with an international billing address.
- Telegraphic transfer: After placing your order, you will receive an e-mail detailing the necessary information to process the telegraphic transfer.
- Pay by Phone: Paying by phone requires your credit card information to be given to an eClarity representative. Your information will be kept secure.
- Item availability for diamonds. In the event that a diamond ordered is simultaneously ordered online by another user, eClarity reserves the right to replace the diamond with similar specifications and price as soon as possible.
- Tax Policy.
- Singapore order. Singapore’s Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 7% will apply to purchases delivered to addresses within Singapore.
- International order. Singapore’s GST will not apply to orders with addresses outside Singapore; however, depending on the destination of the order, the addressee of an international shipment may be subjected to import taxes, sales taxes and/or customs duties, which are collected once the shipment reaches your country. eClarity.com.sg is unable to predict the total amount of the charges levied on the addressee due to the ever-changing nature of the rates. As customs policies vary from country to country, Users are advised to contact their local customs agent to get an accurate quote for the value of these taxes and/or duties. Also, a 1% insurance fee will be levied on all orders to be delivered to countries outside Singapore.
- Delivery Policy. Once eClarity.com.sg receives the payment in full, the order wil be processed and will be delivered in 5 or 21 working days based on the delivery status indicated on the product on the website.
- Delivery Policy. Receiving time “5 days” or “21 days” does not cover shipping locations that require more than 1 day via FedEx; and will cease to be so in the event of customs delay and/or other circumstances relating to the item in transit, leading to a delay in the delivery.
- Return Policy for diamonds with diamond reports. Customers have the right to return the diamonds they purchased online within ten (10) days. All purchases must be returned in good condition, with all the accompanying items, which include, but not limited to, original diamond grading certificate and the packaging. Items showing obvious signs of wear or alteration by a jeweller other than eClarity will not be accepted. Engraved jewellery (excluding wedding bands) may not be returned. Engraved wedding bands may be returned; however, the engraving fee is non-refundable. Additionally, customers will be responsible for all costs associated with the return of the purchases including, but not limited to administrative charges, shipping charges, customs duties, import fees and import taxes.
To process a return, contact us at +65 98331220.
- Upgrade Policy (limited to diamonds from BuyDiamondInstore only). eClarity.com.sg offers an upgrade policy on “Triple Excellent” diamond purchases with GIA reports. Customers may upgrade their diamond purchases provided that the upgraded diamond purchases are priced at least 2 times higher than the original purchases, and the diamond jewellery are in good condition. The original purchase will be inspected and valued by eClarity/BA.SG gemologist. The total value of the original diamond would be the valued price for the original diamond less the sum of the Goods and Services (GST) incurred and the value of the ring setting. Every diamond purchase can be upgraded once.
Guidelines for the valuation of the diamonds:
- The diamond will be valued at a maximum of 100% of the original purchase price if it was purchased within 2 years.
- The diamond will be valued at a maximum of 70% of the original purchase price if it was purchased between 2 – 3 years.
- The diamond will be valued at a maximum of 50% of the original purchase price if it was purchased for more than 3 years.
- Risk of Loss. In the case of any loss or damage to the order, it is the customer’s responsibility to work with the insurer to file a claim. (Insurer’s details will be provided when necessary.) The order is a shipment subjected to eClarity’s shipping policies, be it domestic or international policies, whichever may apply.
- Product Description. eClarity.com.sg and its affiliates attempt to be as accurate as possible; however, eClarity.com.sg does not warrant product description or other contents on this site to be accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free.
13 Termination of Users’ Accounts. Without limiting the foregoing, eClarity.com.sg shall have the right to immediately terminate users’ accounts in the event of any conduct by a particular user, which eClarity.com.sg, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach in this Agreement by that particular user.
- Cancellation of Orders. Customers must ensure that the contact details provided are accurate and that they remain contactable during business hours. Also, the information provided by the user must be genuine. If in any case we are repeatedly unable to contact the customer based on the given contact details, we reserve the right to terminate the order without any given notice.
- Dealings with Advertisers. Users’ correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the site (including, but not limited to, advertisers who are licensees of eClarity.com.sg), including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between the users and such advertisers. It is agreed that eClarity.com.sg shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Site.
- Limitation of Liability. By accessing the site, users agree that eClarity.com.sg shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other damages whatsoever, arising from the use of the site or inability to access the site of the information contained therein, even if eClarity.com.sg has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Users are deemed to have agreed to indemnify and hold eClarity.com.sg and its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, agents, licensors, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising from any information that are submitted or transmitted to the site, the use of the site, users’ connection to the site, users’ violation of this Agreement, or users’ violation of any rights of another person.
- Disclaimer. eClarity.com.sg makes no warranty of any kind whatsoever, whether expressed or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, the quiet enjoyment or non-infringement, with respect to the usage of the site, inability to use the site or information contained therein.
- E-mail and Electronic Newsletters. eClarity.com.sg may offer electronic newsletters and emails to those who have provided their email addresses. Users will only receive newsletters or emails from eClarity.com.sg if they have agreed to receive these items during registration or have signed up for these newsletters through sign-up forms. Please note that when customers make purchases from eClarity.com.sg, we will send them emails to confirm their orders and may also need to contact them via phone, postal mail and/or email if we have other questions regarding their orders.
- Security measures. We use PayPal as a payment gateway for all credit card purchases. When users are directed to PayPal’s website and are asked to input sensitive information such as credit card information, PayPal uses SSL encryption to ensure that this data is protected. While visiting an SSL encryption web page, a lock icon will appear at the bottom of your browser. Users can click on this lock icon to learn more about our site and the measures that PayPal is taking to ensure their privacy.
- Fraud protection. Our credit card payment gateway, PayPal, deploys fraud prevention technolgy that moniors transactions for suspicious activity. eClarity.com.sg sales personnel will contact customers to confirm the authenticity of every sales request.